TRESOC has enabled a pilot Energy Local Plus Club to be set up in Totnes using locally generated solar electricity. We are looking for 10 people to take part in the first initial beta group. If you are interested, you will need to:
- be in the Totnes Electricity Substation area (see map below).
- be able to switch to Green Energy UK (now rebranded as 100Green) this June, so be out of contract about then or willing to pay an exit fee to your present energy supplier, (if there is one).
- have a smart meter (or be happy for one to be installed).
- be able to shift some of your electricity demand to times in the day when the sun is shining at which times you will be eligible for the cheaper local rate.
- be patient as we will be the first Energy Local club to use 100Green so there might be a few teething problems.
- be prepared to accept a 'deep green' tariff with 100Green (which is higher at times than some standard domestic tariffs) when you are not using locally-generated electricity.
(N.B. You should not be spending more than 10% of your income on energy bills or be in fuel poverty. This is a pilot scheme, so we are looking to test the Energy Local concept locally to make sure it saves people money before we can roll it out on a larger scale).
If you are interested and able to take part, please click the I am interested button below.
The map below shows the area covered by the Totnes Electricity substation & therefore the extent of the Energy Local Totnes club.
The Match Tariff and Time Of Use Tariffs below are guaranteed until 31 March 2024.
You can read the key information document about Energy Local Totnes here.
Club Contact Details
These charges apply once you are on the Energy Local tariff.
Time of Use Tariff
Initial Electricity Charges
The Flat Tariff applies for an initial period until your smart meter has been installed and your premises has been added to the Club (typically two months).